Kidneys Cause for Concern?

Hi There. I have recently come back from the doctos who have informed me that I have slightly raised levels of creatinine in my blood. They have taken further tests but for some reason I have taken this news quite badly. My doctor tells me that she is not concerned by the absolute amount of creatinine present but is worried about the trend which has slowly risen since I have been on meds. As i understand it the level is 8 above the upper level of the saftey margin. 121? Im taking sustiva/kivexa and as yet have still not acheived undectable viral load staying at 450 for the last 2 1/2 months. My CD4 was 80 (VL 360,000) when I started following a precipitous drop from 440 within the space of two months. I also had been on co-trimoxazole for about three months and came off them three weeks ago. Do you think that I need to be concerned? Having looked up nephropathy on your excellent website i certainly dont seem to be displaying any significant symptoms except a dull pain in the middle of my back which gets better during the course of the day. I hope you can answer my questions here and many thanks for all the work you do on this site to ensure that people like me can make sense of the sometimes insensible!

Kaletra plus 3TC + abacavir generally has been a kidney friendly regimen. HIV related kidney problems in the US are seem more often in African American for reasons that remain unclear to me. High blood pressure, diabetes, or excess use of drugs like ibuprofen can cause/aggravate kidney damage. If your urinalysis is OK and your are having no symptoms then it seems unlikely that your HIV regimen is contributing to any kidney damage. KH

spacey wifty sort of recurring
Psychiatric Side effects of Atripla and taking it on an empty stomach.