Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Atripla side affect?
Nov 29, 2006

I have been on Atripla for about 2 months now. My T4 has gone from 38 to 98, and my viral load from 110,000 down to 608. I was diagnosed 2 months ago and was in the hospital for 7 days with PCP pneumonia. About 2 weeks ago I have noticed small white bumps that look like pimples around my lips and mouth, what are these? I think someone said they are something that begins with an "M", and it was just my immune system kicking back in.I tested positive 2 months ago. Thanks

Response from Dr. Henry

Molluscum contagiosum lesions can look like that. Those and other infections/conditions can sometimes flare up in the midst of immune recovery after effective HIV treatment is started. Your HIV provider and/or a dermatologist should evaluate the lesions to refine the diagnosis and offer treatment suggestions. KH

Previous
Truvada, Reyataz, Norvir Combo
Next
is there a way that i can

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.