Truvada, Reyataz, Norvir Combo

Taking this combination in the eves over the last 3 weeks surely have contributed to NOT getting a good night's rest. Any idea which of the combo causes this? And secondly, can they be separated like taking Truvada at one part of the day and the Reyataz/Norvir combo at a different time?

Thanks.

Good question since I haven't had many patients on that regimen experience sleep difficulties. The effects of caffeine or alcohol on sleep can be magnified . I don't have much confidence that separating the medications as you describe would help but there is always a first time for me. Taking your meds in the AM with breakfast would allow for a lower level of the drugs at night if the levels are related to your sleep abnormality. You may want to discuss with your HIV specialist-sometimes short term use of a sedative/hypnotic might help. KH

prophylaxis?
Atripla side affect?