Nov 27, 2006
PT Dx HIV,PMH depression and cryptococcal pneumonia CD4 153 toxo IgG+ ,ALL:Sulfa what is the prophylaxis?
| Response from Dr. Henry
For an HIV+ patients with a CD4 count < 200 and a history of cryptococcal pneumonia then the standard treatment/prophylaxis would include fluconazole and sulfa/trimethoprim (if you have no allergy to sulfa). Starting potent antiretroviral therapy is also advised if available. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B From Dried Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.