Nov 27, 2006
PT Dx HIV,PMH depression and cryptococcal pneumonia CD4 153 toxo IgG+ ,ALL:Sulfa what is the prophylaxis?
Response from Dr. Henry
For an HIV+ patients with a CD4 count < 200 and a history of cryptococcal pneumonia then the standard treatment/prophylaxis would include fluconazole and sulfa/trimethoprim (if you have no allergy to sulfa). Starting potent antiretroviral therapy is also advised if available. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Fever Aches Sleepiness And No Appetite Symptoms Of Aids?
- Cases Of Hiv From Nail Salons
- Will Kids Catch Genital Warts If Parents Have It?
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Scab Over?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.