How is learning affected?

I am a volunteer, teaching computer skills to HIV positive people trying to re-enter the workforce. I'm wondering how HIV/AIDS and/or the treatment affects their ability to learn, so that I can adjust my course design and teaching methods appropriately. I know that there is great variation among individuals, and I adjust my teaching in class to accommodate the needs of the group, but I want to design the courses so the goals are appropriate. Setting the bar too low is insulting and may set artificial limits, but setting it too high can destroy motivation.

HIV+ persons for the most part do not have any cognitive impairment that would decrease the ability to learn. Some patients with advanced AIDS (CD4 < 200 ) are at increased risk for cognitive disorders and some HIV drugs can throw off sleep and concentration-but for the most part HIV doesn't greatly impact learning potential. KH

Truvada & insomnia
Kalketra/Triglycerides and a Switch to Reyataz?