Truvada & insomnia

Hi, First of all I'm impressed with your site; I've been recently tested HIV+ and I founds lots of needed information here. Since October 25 last I'm on Truvada and Kaletra and doing very well (in a month time my CD4's went from <50 to 200; viral load not known yet, but was at 475,000) almost without side effects, except insomnia. As Truvada is rather new (at least here in The Netherlands and I'm one of the first users) doctors don't seem to have much information yet about the side effects. I'm not tired, have "lots" of energy, but would love a good nights' sleep. Any idea if the insomnia will get less overtime? And although I'm not crazy of using more chemicals, could I use a sleeping aid? Thanks! Joost from Amsterdam

I have used lots of Truvada and haven't had many persons describe a problem with insomnia though it can be due to the drug(s) occasionally. You might discuss with your HIV doc to see if he/she would be willing to precribe a sedative or hypnotic. You could also try taking the Truvada at a different time of the day to see what that does to your sleep experience. KH

Solution for lipoatrophy
How is learning affected?