Flaxseed

Hello, recently I was told by a fellow gym-goer that flaxseed is a great supplement to take for a variety of reasons. The reason that peaked my interest was that it can help remedy joint (shoulder in my case) problems. I have some lipodystrophy and have noticed a very noticeable decrease in my shoulder size. My right shoulder always aches on my first set or two of bench presses then it seems to loosen up for the remainder of my workout. Could this be caused by the disappearance of fat around my deltoids? I was also told that flaxseed is somehow related to steroids, is that true? Could flaxseed help in increasing either fat or muscle on the body? I should add that I am currently taking Viread, Ziagen, Reyataz w/Norvir booster. Over that years I have taken both Zerit and Videx which are probably to blame for my lipo, altough it does seem to be getting a little worse. Thank you again for all of your valuable feedback it is appreciated more than you will ever know.

Flaxseed may be helpful in lowering some lipid levels. I have not seen much published on its use in HIV-related lipid elevations in regards to efficacy and safety. I am not aware of a good study demonstrating a benefit with safey for joint or muscle pains either in HIV+ persons or the general population. Loss of fat around the shoulder joint would seem unlikely to cause more pain with exercise. If any reader is aware of a pertinent reference please post! KH

Achilis tendon and ARV
lower does d4t - side effects