Body fat

I am on Lexiva, Truvada and Norvir. It has caused tremendous body fat to my back, breast, under arms, stomach and neck. What can I do to reduce this? I eat healthy and excersize four times a week. I am miserable. Can't even wear nice clothes and feel comfortable

That regimen has not been identified to have particular problems with increased fat. You may have a genetic predisposition to fat gain related to some medications that is being expressed. Exercise and diet can often help to some degree. Discussing with your HIV specialist whether you could switch off a ritonavir boosted PI regimen to something else (i.e nevirapine) which could be more fat friendly is recommended as well. There currently are no easy treatments for fat gain in this setting that are proven generally safe and effective partly due to the complexity of the topic of fat gain which is also a major problem in the general population. KH

Norvir not refrigerated
kaletra and diarrhea