Nov 16, 2006
I will be switch to atripla next week. What is the major side effect? It will be the only medication I will be taken.
Response from Dr. Henry
The side effects for the three in one pill Atripla generally mirror those of the three individual components (Sustiva= efavirenz /tenorovir=Viread/and Emtriva=emtricitabine). If you are on those drugs already you generally wouldn't notice much in the way of new side effects. If you are new to Sustiva then you may have some central nervous system side effects such as weird dreams or other sleep abnormalities. For Viread the major side effects tend to be loose stools. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- White Bumps On Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Itchy Balls After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.