Ever heard of Neuropathy affecting the teeth?

Hello and greetings.

I am an healthy AIDS pt. with Tcells 380 viral load undetectable for over 5 years (my meds are working!). I have Protien C & S Deficiency (inherited) Rheumatoid Arthirtis, and Peripherial Neurpoathy in legs and hands.

My concern is tha ton my most recent dental check-up, they found an abcess under my tooth....THERE IS NO VISABLE reason for the infections (THE TOOTH IS SOLID AND RESPONDS TO STIMULI...cold and pressure), so they started me on anti-biotics. Two months later the abcess has reduced in size abotu four fold.....BUT the UCLA dentists (both Maxofacial and Endodontics) say that my tooth pain is nerve related and it may be that my HIV induced (I took DDL for two years) hs spread to my facial nerves and jaw.

I have never heard of this and I still have pain in my teeth. Is this common? Can it be controlled by upping my dose of neurontin?

Concerned....the dentists referred me to a Facial Nerves Specialist....am I going to ahve ot accept pain in my jaw now too?

To my knowledge standard HIV related neuropathy relatively rarely manifests itself solely the level of a facial/dental nerve. I would be interested in what your HIV specialist says in response to that issue. Occasionally one can get HIV related or associated isolated neuropathies including involving cranial nerves though other infections like herpes simplex can be involved at times which can be tough to sort out. KH

Hemorrhoids - part 2
side effect