Hemorrhoids - part 2

Well, I am stupid lol. I subtmitted my question about the hemorrhoids without including my e-mail address.

I'll keep it even shorter this time. I'm the 22 yr old male with HIV on Atripla with "internal" hemorrhoids. My bf is Neg.

We had sex two months ago and I bled. I got it checked and I was diagnosed with "internal hemorrhoids". I was given suppositories with cortisone/steroids to alleviate the swelling and some pills to make my stools soft.

After not having sex for two months and using the suppositories and the pills, I felt better. There was no more bleeding when I defecated and it didnt hurt as much.

My doctor told me if I felt better, I could try having sex with my bf again - I'm the bottom in the relationship - so I did. While we were having sex, it felt as if we were having sex without using lube but that wasn't the case. I used lots of lube bcz my doctor said it'd help a lot. And when we were going to change position, I put more lube on my butt and noticed blood on my fingers so we stopped.

In my previous question, you replied saying to see a colon rectal surgeon to see if I needed surgery.

My question now is - if I have the surgery, will I be able to bottom again without any problems or complications? And does ADAP cover such surgery bcz I really have no money.

Thank you for your time and help,

Worried in NY

I would be concerned about a rectal tear or internal fistula/infection causing your symptoms. Thus an internal examination with at least a flexible sigmoidoscope is recommended. Your HIV specialist hopefully could get that set up for you. Most insurance programs in the US/NY would cover most of the costs of those type of evaluations. If not then hopefully there is a lcoal public hospital/clinic that can offer the service for you. KH

Bone Death
Ever heard of Neuropathy affecting the teeth?