Nov 14, 2006
What is the most effective treatment(s) for bone death? Is the medication, Forteo, a possible treatment?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Forteo is approved for osteoporosis (loss of calcium from bone) but not for osteonecrosis (bone death). Ostepororis may be increased in patients with HIV so interventions to reverse that process are being evaluated with some early studies showing benefit similar to the general population (such as alendronate). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Blood Splash Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Take To Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.