Avascular Necrosis

I just read the question and your answer regarding avascular necrosis of the hip in HIV positive people. Is the avascular necrosis limited to the hips, or can it/does occur in other parts of the body, for example the legs? I have had excruciating pain in my legs on an intermittent but frequent basis and so far my medical practitioners have not been able to put a finger on it. Then I recently heard of avascular necrosis, and then saw the question and your answer on The Body. So I got to thinking, could that be the answer to my leg pain?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Avascular necrosis can occur in various bones but most often is seen in the hip due to the anatomy of the blood supply to that region of the body. Bone pain located further down the leg is most often not due to avascular necrosis. An evaluation of bone status, blood supply, and nerve status is often done to evaluate pain in the legs. KH

ingredients in hiv drugs
Sun related skin disorders in HIV+ people.