Marinol

I was born with HIV, I'm 18 years old and weight 160 lbs. at 5'8".I am currently a bodybuilder and want to pack on 10-15 lbs. It's hard for me to force myself to eat. Can I ask my Dr. if I can take Marinol to increase weight and I also get depress sometimes and try to hide my emotion because I feel that no one understands how I feel everyday when I wake up feeling upset for no reason. I had troubles in the past with Marijuana alot. I've been suspened for it in highschool. I currently got fired at work for it a week ago. Since then I stop smoking it. Now I just want to feel depress because of thing that happen to me in the past. I try not to put these things behind me but it keep roaming my mind making more depress. When I smoke it relaxes my mind and help me alot as far as forgeting my past and helps alot with my bodybuilding with packing on muscle weight. I even dream about smoking Marijuana.But every time I smoke it something bad always happen to me like I explained earlier. I talk to my folks about it they think maybe the meds I take for my HIV is making me depress possibly. They think that smoking Marijuana has an effect with my HIV meds. Plus I hide my emotions alot when I'm around people. If I look upset they'll ask me was wrong but they still can't solve how I feel inside everyday. I have alot on my mind now that I'm an adult which makes it worse. Should I talk to my Dr. about how I feel and taking Marinol even tho they think I look and feel great inside?

I would discuss your issues and concerns with your HIV specialist who could evaluate the contribution of your HIV medications and clinical status to your complaints as well as discuss the marijuana/Marinol issue. KH

Atripla side effects - sore esophagus
Why are there still side effects?