Atripla side effects - sore esophagus

Was switched to Atripla 3 weeks ago from Combivir and Kaletra combination. I started having trouble swallowing (not in throat but in the esophagus when food was going down - especially spicy and really cold or hot food) - a few days later a rash appeared on my hands, then arms, knee caps, and feet. As I was planning on going away overseas, I saw my doctor who put me on a drug holiday and gave me Prevacid for the sore esophagus. He stated I should be ok to travel. After a few days, the rash went away (almost all of the way) - but after 3 days of being off of the Atripla and taking prevacid, I am still have problems with eating (sore esophagus). I am ok with eating real bland foods (bread and water). If any food has salt or spice or drink has carbonation or thickness, it is painfull. When I sleep, I wake up with pain as if it feels acid is in my esophagus. After drinking a glass of water, I then feel ok. Is there anything over the counter that I get here or should I wait it out until I come back in 4 days?

Note - I accidentally posted to the forum Drug resistance and staying undetectable - if you can arrange to remove, I would appreciate so that there are not two answers. Thanks

With pain on swallowing I would be concerned about an aphthous ulcer or some other condition that may warrant an endoscopy to pin down the diagnosis and thus target the most appropriate treatment. Reflux esphophagitis can cause so though ordinarily Prevacid would be helpful for that. Antacids would often help if there is an ulcer or acid-related problem. KH

AIDS RESEARCH
Marinol