living with hiv
Nov 14, 2006
how long can you live after contracting hiv
Response from Dr. Henry
The range of survival after HIV infection is very wide due to a wide range of genetic, immune, and viral factors. In my own practice I have seen one person die of AIDS after one year while I have many patients doing well after 20+ years of infection. With effective therapy some patients may well have a normal life expectancy so their survival depends on how old they are when evaluated. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From In A Hot Tub?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.