Truvada, Reyataz, Norvir

Have you heard of lipo with this combination? I've read so much about Norvir and I am a bit concerned. Atripla didn't agree with me and my doc has switched me to these. 200 mg of Reyataz with 100 mg of Norvir.

Response from Dr. Conway

In theory, this is one of the safest combinations there is with respect to lipodystrophy. By the way, we would usually be giving 300 mg of Reyataz in this setting, due to the drug interaction with tenofovir. In the long term, it may be that the low dose of ritonavir would be problematic with respect to lipodystrophy or metabolic issues. An approach to avoid this possible issue would be to change your regimen to avoid the use of ritonavir once you have achieved viroligc supppression. This maximizes the benefits of your regimen while mitigating its potential long term toxicity.

What's wrong with my body? Part III HELP!!!
Fatty acid deficiency?