resistance testing

You implied in a previous response (question about "old HIV) concerning resistance testing that it is not necessarily done as a norm before starting a treatment naive patient on meds. I was under the impression that genotype/resistance testing(I know they're different tests) was now recommended for all treatment naive patients even before meds are needed. What are the current guidlines?

It is my own practice to obtain a resistance test in treatment naive patients when I first see them. The test is expensive and is not flawless (can miss low level resistance) so in some cases resources may restrict use of the test. If the level of resistance in newly infected patients is > 5-10% then resistance testing is generally recommended. KH

bumps on tongue
What's wrong with my body? Part III HELP!!!