Afraid of HIV

Dear Doctor, 3 months have passed after I had sex with a prostitute. I had used a condom. During these 3 months i had pain in my lymph nodes, rashes on arms, back, stomach. I did not have fever, diarrhea, appetite loss, weight loss. The season here during the 3 months was rainy. Diseases like dengue and many other viral & bacterial infection have spread here. I did not have any of these. Comparatively my immune system was ok. Now analyzing these 3 months do you feel I have HIV? I am even afraid to go for testing it.

Response from Dr. Conway

You do not provide me with any details about the level of risk for HIV transmission that was associated with your contact with the prostitute. Assuming there was some risk, this would be an ideal time for you to go ahead and get an HIV test. If it is negative and you have not had any additional risk exposure, then we can conclude that you have not become infected with HIV. By the way, I would provide you with the very same advice whether you had any symptoms or not, because many times, acute HIV infection is completely asymptomatic. Knowledge is power, my friend...go ahead and get tested, then use this information to go forward and make informed decisions about your sexual behavior in the future.

BLOOD IN VOMIT
Accuracy in detecting HIV Subtypes