AIDS RESEARCH

Is there any way that I can get involved in HIV/AIDS research? i.e help researchers using my status to determine the extent and possibility of discovering new things in HIV/AIDS.

Bob Pierce the founder of World Vision International once said and I quote-let my heart be broken by the things that break the heart of God. It is my wish to make an impact to the people living around me especially those who are infected and affected by this disease. The extent at which it is spreading here is so alarming and surely a collective effort has to be pursued to deal with this sane problem.The western world has invested a lot of resources in this but one asks himself/herself why there is no progress.

One of the things is that the Western world do not really understand the cultural and/or traditional issues that cut across the African continent but also the levels of literacy

Together with my wife,we are currently involved with an area programme evolved from World Vision International in working with Faith Based Organisations,Youth Clubs etc.

Response from Dr. Conway

I was just commenting to one of my colleagues that we are not seeing enough people wanting to engage in HIV/AIDS research, so that all of the hard work done by so many people over the past 25 years may be able to continue. As a researcher myself, I am always wanting to speak to people such as yourself to see how to best get you involved. So, my advice would be to find out who is doing research in your area and arrange to meet with them and take it from there. Your interest in research is noted with deep gratitude.

Loss from Part s of my body
Combivir withdrawl?