hiv meds and avascular necrosis

I am Hiv positive and have been on HIV Meds for about a year. I am curently on a HAART regimen which includes Kaletra and Truvada. I was just diagnosed with Avascular necrosis in my Hip Joint which is shot.. Is it possilble that my HIV meds have led to this condition? Thank You for yor time..

The risk for aseptic necrosis of the hip appears to be higher in HIV+ persons. It has been difficult to link to any particiular HIV medications. Studies have suggested that use of exogenous steroids (anabolic or corticosteroids) is often a contributing factor. High triglyceride/lipid levels induced by some HIV medications may also contribute some. Diabetes and alcohol use may play a role in some patients as well. I have had a half dozen of my patients develop aseptic necrosis of the hip on a variety of HIV regimens and different HIV settings so it is hard for me to see a consistent linkage to any particular HIV scenario. My patients have generally done well with surgery. KH

Blood In Stool
Old HIV