Hair loss in female

Dear Doctor, When I started on a new combination last year of Viramune, Viread and Epivir, my head started itching a lot, also overall I had skin reactions. That almost disappeared but... my hair has gotten thinner and recently started to fall out a lot. I see no hereditary or other cause apart from the new meds. Hair loss is mentioned as side effect in the info of Epivir. But I've had lamuvidine before for years in Combivir! If my hair loss is related to the Viread/tenofovir and I could switch, would it be too much to ask which med you would suggest??

Response from Dr. Conway

The early skin reaction that you had, that was both mild and self-limited, is typical of Viramune therapy. Once it has cleared, it will almost never recur. As for the hair loss, there are a few patients that have reported this with Viread. Another option that is a good nucleoside backbone would be Epivir and Ziagen (as a single combination tablet Epzicom or Kivexa) that could replace the Viread and Epivir as a single tablet.

my cholesterol has sky-rocketed
toxoplasmosis