swelling of colon

I was diagnosed with HIV concurrently when I was diagnosed with KS a year ago this month. I underwent 8 months of chemotherapy with Doxil for the KS and saw about 65% improvement. I returned to the oncologist after a follow up CT scan and was told that the walls of my colon are swollen. Is there a link between HIV or HAART (I'm on Norvir, Reyataz, and Epzicom) and a swelling of the colon wall? My onocologist has scheduled a full blood and liver workup.

I have had hundreds of patients on boosted PI regimens and scores on Norvir/Reyataz/Epzicom. Most have not had any imaging procedure of their gut so it would be hard for me to quote a figure on the rate such a finding is noted. Your current regimen has been generally well tolerated from the gut standpoint and , to my knowledge, has not been linked to generalized swelling of the colon mucosa/colon wall as you describe.Doxil has been reported to cause swelling of mucous membranes though I don't have any experience with looking at the colon with a CT scan in the setting you describe. If any reader would like to comment please post !

Hair loss
frozen shoulder