how to take meds
Oct 27, 2006
I have always had a very hard time swallowing big pills so i crush them but norvir and invarase are both big gel pills.Can you drain the liquid to a spoon and take it or is it time released?Thank you again Sandra
Response from Dr. Henry
Good question-some HIV Meds are available as a liquid (you may want to ask your doctor wha tis available locally) which may be an option. Some patients crush or otherwise alter pills that are too large to make the pill taking experience more palatable. In the absence of a study it is hard to know which technique is acceptable. Checking levels of the saquinavir might me worth considering. If any pharmacist or other reader wants to offer a suggestion please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.