PEP 28 days though minimal initial risk

Hi. I was issued with PEP after I became concerned after a sexual incident with a 19 year old boy, I myself am 20. He accidentally shot a massive load in my eye. As a biochemist I naturally became worried about the HIV proteinaceous complex penetrating a tiny fissure in the eye. I was put on PEP, been on it for 19 days, 9 days to go. I am really worried and stressed out about getting diabetes and even more freaked out about possible hair loss. Should I continue with PEP or stop now as I really don't want to loose any hair. I do have a thick head of hair and have noticed no loss but I'm only 20, I'd hate to lose it.

Please advise

Thanks

Andrew

Response from Dr. Conway

At this stage, it would be ny best advice for you to continue with the PEP for a final 9 days. Most of the side effects that occur will happen early on. The things that can happen much later (such as diabetes or hair loss associated with the use of anti-HIV medications) are almost never seen with a 28-day course of treatment.

Low CD4 with Hepatitis side affect
HIV-AIDS and body trembling