For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

acne as side effect

i started taking 3 hiv meds just over 2 months ago- truvada,invirase and norvir. everything doing extremely well except a few weeks ago i started breaking out with acne symptoms. my doctor put me on doxicyclin, but there has been little change. testosterone and all other levels are normal. i saw that you mentioned that sometimes the immune system once in recovery can trigger this for a while. it,s really getting me down and while i don,t want to interfere with what seems to be a very effective treatmet for me, i also am ot willing to constantly live with this condititon.i,d appreciate any reassurance

I have seen numerous patients who have experienced flares in skin oiliness/acne after starting effective HIV regimens (a variety of regimens). In my experience the situation is annoying and is often helped by standard types of acne treatment and has not been linked to negative outcomes from the HIV perspective. KH

white cells are declining!
Reyataz and Rabeprazole