Herb Supplements

I am currently taking Stocrin and Combivir.

Is it true that herb supplements like wheat grass, noni juice will interfere with the effects of my medication?

My CD4 increased from 168 to 219 but my viral load also increased from less than 50 to 15,000 copies.

I have been taking my medication without fail. So the doctor asked if i am taking herb supplements.

Please comment. Thank you.

Some alternative/natural products (such as grapefruit, St Johns wort, garlic) have been shown to negatively impact the benefit of certain HIV drugs most notably protease inhibitors and to a less extent efavirenz. I am unaware of any data on wheat grass or noni juice.If any reader is aware of any published data please post. It would generally be unusual for any supplement to so profoundly effect the function of Combivir + Sustiva that the viral load would increase from undetectable to 15,000 copies. Evaluation for adherence and resistance status as well as checking the levels of efavirenz would be reasonable to discuss with your HIV specialist. KH

nucleoside options
drug reaction?