|Tinnitus and Efavirenz
Oct 18, 2006
I have had tinnitus since March 2006, and an audiogram in May showed sensorineural loss of 35 db over left year. I have started taking Combivir (AZT&3TC) and Efavirenz for 16 weeks. But Tinnitus got worse recently. Can it be related to the Med?
| Response from Dr. Conway
I am not aware of any direct link of tinnitus with any of the medications you are taking. This being said, any side effect of this type can be associated with any drug, although this can be quite rare. Of the agents you are taking, the AZT and Efavirenz could be implicated, although I find this unlikely. If it were safe for you to go off the medication to see if the tinnitus gets better, that would be the way to figure this out.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.