PEP not recommended VERY URGENT

I was the insertive partner in an unprotected anal intercourse. No blood was visible on the penis but my fears let me go the nearest ER center of my town for asking a PEP treatment. The medics told me that PEP is absolutely not recommended for my situation as it was low risk (?) and the pills have too heavy side effects. Now I'm a bit confused. Is this normal? What should I do? Please it's urgent!

Response from Dr. Conway

It is correct to say that insertive anal intercourse carries with it a lower risk of HIV transmission than insertive intercourse. This being said, the risk is still there. The issues here might be that your partner may not be known to be infected with HIV, did not have any lesions in the area, you did not have any genital lesions, and the contact was not traumatic. Esepcially if there was a delay of a number of hours or more between the contact and your presentation to the ER, PEP was not offered. However, the decisions to offer PEP must be made on an case-by-case basis, and the medics may have decided that the risk of PEP outweighed its potential benefits in your specific situation.

Can I have Lippo Dissolve
Tinnitus and Efavirenz