Unbarable Headache

Dear Dr's:

I have been + for 4 years and within the last few months I have developed a never ending headache. I have not change my meds (epzicom, sustiva) but I took a break for 2 weeks and the headache went away. Is this the meds or what? Would like to know your thought on changing thearpy.

Thanks

A minority of patients on efavirenz can have ongoing central nervous system side effects. One of the components of Epzicom would less likely be linked to your headache. If antiretroviral therapy needs to re-started I might consider a boosted-PI plus Epzicom or Truvada and observe what happens to you headache wise. I assume you have had an evaluation looking for other causes of headache though the history you give clearly seems to associate your HIV medications with the headache. KH

Liver Function
lymphnodes