Kaletra - Metalic Taste

I've been healthy HIV for about 20 years, and been through several protocols. I've been on a single Kaletra for about 5 months. I've noticed about 3 hours after taking, my face burns like I have a fever, I have a metallic taste in my mouth, and I feel shaky, like I haven't eaten in a long while. Any concern? Any way to mitigate? Thanks and all the best.

I am confused by your statement that you are taking a single Kaletra-in the US the standard dose of Kaletra is 2 orally twice daily usually with 2 other HIV meds. A small minority of patients in my experience are sensitive to ritonavir with taste/facial effects even at low doses (the ritonavir is one of the meds in Kaletra). I don't have any tricks to mitigate that side effect other than not using ritonavir if that is an option given the overall clinical situation-if any reader has a suggestion please post! KH

a question to a while back worry
Liver Function