Ativan and PML

I have been told by several doctors that there is no interaction between my Atripla and Ativan. But could the Ativan be bad for my PML? I take 3 pills a day, 2 mg each. Thanks!

Response from Dr. Conway

Your doctors are correct that there is no significant interaction between Atripla and Ativan. However, Ativan is only meant for short term use as a sedative and anxiety drug. Its use in the long-term will only serve to create an addiction and to cloud your mind, reducing your ability to think clearly. Overall, this would be very bad for your PML, which may already be affecting your judgement and your thought processes.

Worried about Brother
Is this early HIV symptoms? Please answer.