Small fat deposits

I have been HIV+ for about 17 years and have been on meds for about 12 years. T's are around 500 and viral load is undetechable. My question is about fat deposits. For the last several years I have been getting small fat deposits, the size of marbles that protrude from the skin and are very unsightly. I have 4 of them on my arms and about the same on my legs. One dermatoligist removed on of the depostis with a simple incission and a stitch to close it up. Recently these deposits have been increasing and they are extermely annoying. Is there any explanation as to why these are appearing all over my body now? Small pockets of fat that are popping up all over. I am pretty fit and exercise regularly, but it is getting embarrassing to take my shirts off in public or to even wear shorts.And is the only recourse to have these removed one by one? Thank you.

Fat deposits often called lipomas are seen in the general population and may partially have a genetic component (anyone else in your family note that problem?). The frequency may be increased in HIV + persons with certain HIV drugs more linked to fat distribution abnormalities. To my knowledge no single HIV drug has been consistently linked to lipoma formation-seems to be lots of individual variation. Your HIV spscialist can assess your treatment history to see if there are any more fat friendly antiretroviral treatment options that might be considered. Sometimes lipomas are linked to some endocrine abnormalities which need to be considsered as well. KH

Specific interactions with alcohol
sever abdomin swelling