Truvada & Viramune side effects

I have been treatment naive for just over 4 years and recently started on Truvada & Viramune due to a declining CD4%. I felt toxic and miserable the second week of the treatment and stopped the Viramune and phased out the Truvada as recommended by my doctor. I'm concerned because of how miserable I felt on these medications and missed a considerable time from work. Why did I feel so awful and could there be an interaction between these medications and Zoloft and/or alprazolam? Please help. joe in chicago

Many patients will have side effects from differing HIV medications during the first weeks of therapy. Depending on the specific problems, often a switch can be made to an alternative regimen. Viramune can decrease the Zoloft and/or the alprzolam levels making them less effective. KH

PEP is awful
Doc Suggests Switching Meds But I'm Moving to Another State