Epilepsy & Anti-retrovirals

Have there been any studies of the drug interaction between anti-retoviarals, i.e. Truvada & viramune, and epilieptic drugs such as epilim. I started taking truvada and viramune, eight weeks ago and recently auras have returned. Also the epilim levels in my blood have become extremely low, requiring an increase in Epilim dosage. Is it possbile that the anti retovirals could be weakening the effects of the epilim?

I am unaware of any published data looking at interaction between valproic acid and nevirapine. Valproic acid is metabolized through the cytochrome 450 systemm in the liver so there may be a potential interaction in occasional patients. if any reader knows of any published data on nevirapine/valproic acid interaction please post. KH

serotonin
PEP is awful