Oct 8, 2006
Thank you so much for your previous help. I just have another question reguarding Platelets and there relationship with Serotonin.
I found this statemnt at AIDSMEDS.COM I am wondering is it true and can low platelets effect my mood and sleep patterns.
Quote: Platelets also carry serotonin and L-tryptophan, two substances involved in sleep/wake cycles, appetite, and mood regulation.
Thank you so much Kristina
Response from Dr. Henry
To my knowledge the serotonin/L-tryptophan qualities of platelets (which can be high, normal or low in HIV+ patients) generally don't impact mood/sleep cycles (other factors influence mood and sleep to a much greater extent). If any reader is aware of a published reference on that please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.