Re: Disrupted Sleep

Dr. Henry:

I am not a doctor so let me disclose that right away but for the reader who wrote in concerning the above question please know this: I was on Paxil for several months prior to starting Sustiva/Truvada for some of the same reasons you may have started - mainly anxiety over realizing I was now HIV positive. Initially, I had problems with sleeping with my legs kicking while sleeping just as you stated. Nonetheless, I started my treatment, continued with the Paxil, but slowly waned myself off of the Paxil and stopped it completely within five months of starting. Give the Sustiva/Truvada combo a chance. It sounds like your anxiety is not yet checked and you are looking to the ARVs as the problem. Hang in there. Sustiva/Truvada is a tremendous combo and you can manage the side effects with alot of will power and determination. If you still have a problem sleeping, Dr. Henry is right on with trying a sleep aid or even a prescription med for the short term, note the short term! Don't give up yet on your choice of HAART. Take care.

Thanks for caring and sharing your experience on the issue of sleep problems while starting efavirenz. KH

Platelet Problems
Radical Procedure