|My HIV does not spread!
Oct 2, 2006
I have been living with HIV for 14 years. I have had sex with 3 partners in the 14 years without protection more than 1000 times with each partner and they all remained negative. What kind of HIV infection do I have? What kind of a carrier am I? Whats wrong with me? Are there others like me? What do you call my kind of HIV infection?
Response from Dr. Frascino
You are HIV positive and knowingly had unprotected sex more than 1,000 times with each of three partners???? You ask "what's wrong with me?" Well, let's see . . . the word irresponsible comes immediately to mind, followed by reckless, thoughtless, clueless, unscrupulous and unconscionable. But perhaps that isn't the type of response you were looking for. So, difficult as it is for me to put aside your conscienceless behavior, let me address your other concerns:
1. What kind of HIV do you have? I have no way of determining that with so little information. One question I have is: are you sure you are HIV positive? Have you had an HIV-positive test result that has subsequently been confirmed? If not, that may well explain this entire scenario.
2. What kind of carrier am I? There are no "HIV carriers." You either have HIV disease or you don't. It's like being pregnant: Either you are or you aren't!
3. Are others like you? When it comes to your behavior, I certainly hope not!
4. What do I call your kind of HIV infection? Again, the list of terms I would use here would not be ones you would want to hear, so I'll restrain from using them.
1. You see an HIV specialist if you are not already doing so.
2. Stop placing others at risk for HIV disease. To continue to do so is morally reprehensible.
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
- Can I Get Std Disease From A Kiss?
- Can You Catch HIV In The Ocean Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.