pain resulting from crestor

My doctor diagnosed me with neuropathy as a result of taking Crestor. He gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxant but doesn't know if this would help or not. Have arthrtic joint pains and muscle pains and hip/buttock pain and muscles in legs-all leg hip involvement on right side. Any suggestions? What to take, what is happening and if it is muscle breakdown, is there anything to help this? Thanks so much

Response from Dr. Conway

Muscle pains are much more common that nerve-related pains with Crestor, so I suspect this is what your doctor is noticing. In a small proportion of cases, this can be quite severe and you may need to stop the Crestor. Muscle relaxants and other pain killers may be a good idea for now, but you should discuss these issues with your doctor to make sure you are both understanding the same thing.

leg pain and rash
poor sight