Signs and Symptoms

Why does my doctor want me to report headaches with nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain with visual changes? What can this mean if I have these symptoms and are taking HIV meds?

Response from Dr. Conway

If you develop such symptoms along with a headache, the cause of the headache may be more serious. This could be a sign of pressure on your brain due to an infection or some other condition. Some opportunistic infections such as toxoplasmosis or crytococcosis can show up like this. In any case, if you get a headache that is more persistent than usual or is associated with some of the symptoms you mention, you should discuss it with your doctor to see if you need to have some tests at least be evaluated to make sure it is not something more serious.

oral sex
alcoholic neuropathy