ACCUMULATED BODY FAT

I have tried to get an aswer from you several times buy apparently you may think my issue is unimportant... Too bad.

Anyway I will try and insist on it. I am HIV+ since 1996 and have been on treatment ever since. My numbers are great (CD4 over 1300 and VL undetectable). I have a problem of accumulated fat in my abdomen area and my chest is starting to grow like womens bust. I am very unconfortable with this situation and would like to do something about it. I have considered liposuction but I don't know if this procedure is feasible and better yet a permanent solution to my problem. Any advise?

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work!

Switching HIV medications sometimes can help fat accumulation depending on which medications you are taking and your treatment/resistance history. In a large study of HIV+ persons compared to HIV- persons the amount of fat gained in both groups was similar while the amount of fat lost was much greater in the HIV+ population (FRAMS Study). There may be wide genetic and individual differences between sensitivities of patients to the fat effects of medication or HIV infection to further complicate matters. Exercise and diet has helped some patients with fat (abdominal/breast) gain. Growth hormone. growth hormone releasing factor, and some diabetic medications are being studies for effect on reducing fat gain. Plastic surgery to reduce fat has been used with variable success to improve cosmetic appearance. Many of the newer HIV regimens appear to have less of an effect on fat distribution than older regimens. The issue of fat distribution is a big deal and is getting lots of attention but winds up being very complicated in both HIV+ and HIV- populations. KH

Scary side effects or Seroconversion??? Very Scared
HIV Diarrhea is ruining my life!