after long term use,what are the effects

i have been on Reyataz 200mg.and trizivar for over 5 years are there any long term use side affects i should be concerned with?i have a fatty growth on my pancreas and my dr. says that after a point fat can start to attatch itself to your organs instead of under the skin is this from my medications or my having the virus?

There isn't much information on long term use of Reyataz since it has not been widely used for more than 3-5 years. My own experience with long term use in patients has been favorable-I haven't noted much in the way of new problems with time and the fat/lipid profile has been generally good. Trizivir has been around for > 5 years (at least the individual components). AZT use long term can lead to fat loss. Long-term use of abacavir has been generally safe without much in the way of new problems being reported or noted. I haven't noted much in the way of specific fat deposits in the abdomen or with particular organs. That sort of problem is not clearly linked at this time to either HIV infection or specific drugs though increased intra-abdominal fat (visceral fat) is seen though that also occurs in HIV negative patients so the exact factors involved remain under study. FYI- The usual dose of Reyataz without ritonavir boosting is 400 mg /day .KH

Muscle Twitching
vitamins