What can I do to rid Myopathy?

I was diagnosed HIV+ in 2005. I was in the hospital for 55 days in a row during that year. After I was released from the hospital. My doctor said I had come down with myopathy. I could no longer walk . I had to start using a wheelchair. I stopped using the whelchair almost a month ago.I was not able to take Physical therapy because I was not getting any Medicaid od Medicare. The Medicare starts in Nov. 2007.Even though now I am out the whelchair, I am now using a walker. I was wanting to know how long does this last? Is it forever? What can I do to start making me walk normal again? I am starting to get very depressed. Because it limits me on things to do.Right now I am healthy. I have a 525 T-cell count and undetectable viral load.Can you give me any tips on what I can do?

Very Depressed...

It is unclear from your note whether you had a myelopathy/neuropathy or a mypopathy. Outcomes are quite variable so I cannot be much help. Physical therapy is often crucial to improve the functional outcome. Some forms of nerve or muscle damage can persist for long periods of time. I would continue to advocate along with your HIV specialist/neurologist for more immediate access to physical therapy. KH

Diahrrea...for a year,or for life?
t-cell count