|broad question regarding cerebral palsy
Sep 20, 2006
I'm newly diagnosed HIV pos and have CP. As this is a neurological disorder, and HIV can cause neurological problems, what should I be worried about with HIV in the setting of CP. My viral load is 80000 and CD4 is 210. I'm awaiting doctors advice on which meds to start taking. What do you advise?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Aggressive suppression of HIV in your case to minimize any brain/nerve damage from HIV would generally be my advice in order to not aggravate pre-existing nerve problems from another disease process. I generally would use either a boosted PI or Sustiva based regimen depending on other medications, medical problems, and resistance status. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.