|muscle sprain and torn tendons
Sep 20, 2006
My partner & I both take Truvada, lopid, and viramune. We have both been having very easy muscle sprain to back, neck, wrist. Now we both developed inguinal hernias. My question is, Is this just old age settling in (we're both 44) or has the HIV and/or meds rendered our muscles vulnerable and weak?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Interesting question. Generally Truvada and Viramune have a very low rate of muscle problems. Lopid can occasaionlly cause some muscle irritation (myositis or myopathy)so with your symptoms that merit discussing with your HIV speciallist. The inguinal hernia issue would unlikely be related to your HIV medications. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Condom Popped Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.