low testosterone and hiv.

Last year after being on HIV meds for 2 years I suddenly became depressed and tired and very quick tempered (T cells 650, viral load undetectable). I went to see my doctor in here in Atlanta and was told the reason for that was because my testosterone levels were 166. He put me on Testim and they jumped back to 670. Recently I have experienced this again. My question is why is it that people with HIV suffer from this? Is it the meds or the HIV itself. Also, is it possible I'm on Testim for the rest of my life only when I'm on it do I perk up and have more energy and feel sexual again? What are other ways naturally to keep testosterone levels at a decent level?

Response from Dr. Conway

Testosterone levels are often lower in people with chronic conditions such as HIV. Otherwise, one would want to be sure that there are no mitigating factors such as other endocrine problems (such as low cortisol or low thyroid function) that are contributing to this. There is also a need to make sure that there are no issues related to your genital tract that may be contributing factors to your low testosterone. One way or another, it is quite frequent that as your immune system improves on HIV treatment that the problem goes away. Thus, it is not certain at all that you will be on Testim for the rest of your life.

Biopolymer for facial filling
DESPERETLY NEED YOUR ANSWER