Head Sweats

I have been HIV + for almost nine years and have kept my Viral load undectable with HIV Medications (Viramune/Epzicom currently - last three years) and have TCELLS in 400-500 range. I have nueropathy in feet for last 7 years and a slightly enlarge spleen (confirm by recent CATSCAN. I have been having headsweats on a frequent basis over the last 6 months. I will have them in the late afternoon and eve and my face and head feel feverish (but I don't have a tempeture) and my hair gets soaked. I have told my doctors about this and have seen a gastro doctor and no one seems to be able to give me an answer as to why I am having these head sweats. I am 50 years old and was told that maybe I was going through Male Menepause which I didn't even think was a real condition. My concern is that I might have something other than HIV wrong with me. My doctors are HIV specialist and my concern is that I might have some type of Lymphoma or cancer that is not being detected. Can you give me your thoughts on my condition and let me know what test or blood work I can specifically ask my doctors to perform to rule out a more serious condition other than my underlying HIV which appears to be under control. I have had all the STD test (ie Hepititas /Syphilis) which are negative and have had a TB test. A colon exam two years ago was also negative.

Thanks

Excessive sweating due to your HIV medications would be unusual. Some patients develop sweating that cannot be explained (idiopathic). Low blood sugar, thyroid problems, pheochromocytomas, reflex synmpathetic dystrophy, hidden infections or tumors, and anxiety are among the conditions that can cause excessive sweating. For many patients there is no cause found (the idiopathic variety). HIV+ patients occasionally seem to develop unusual sweating patterns though usually that is minimized if on effective treatment. KH

intestinal problems of hiv pts.
Vision Problems