where are these awful side-effects?

I have been taking HIV medicine for 7 months now (once-a- day combo of Norvir, Truvada and Reyataz) and I have really not experienced any of the side-effects that I was warned about. I have noticed a few instances of gastro-intestinal distress, but I have always been able to attribute that to something I ate or my normal problems with lactose absorption. Should I worry that I'm not experiencing the side-effects common to HIV treatment? I mean, I feel pretty good most of the time.

It is important to not understate the frequency of anticipated side effects to best inform and prepare patients for what they can expect. On the other hand, many of the newer regimens often result in relatively few side effects. Your regimen with boosted atazanavir and Truvada is often well-tolerated with minimal side effects so your experience of little/no side effects is experienced by many patients. KH

yellow tongue and sore throat
Atripla Side EFfects