yellow tongue and sore throat

Dear Sirs I am worried about my brother. He has had HIV for approx. 15 years and been on combination drugs for since christmas 2005. His glands keep popping up and down but he has a yellow tongue and sore throat at the moment. He has not a lot of weight on him and looks a little yellow. He complains of having hot flushes and he is tired. I love my brother and the whole familly have suffered with him emotionally. We are always trying to put his poor restless mind at rest. Bless him. I love him so much as his sister and I am scared of losing him. Can you tell me is this a simple throat infection and antibiotics will clear it up. The specialists do not seem too concerned about him even though his T count is approximately 200. I just hope they are not being too complacent about his symptoms. He is due to have a scan on his stomach because the throat infection seems to be causing him indigestion and he is not eating much. On saying that I have a sore throat at the moment but my brothers is a lot worse with mouth ulcers also. Can you give me any positive feed back. I want to be supportive to him and be strong for him but it upsets me seeing him suffering and worrying not knowing what else is going to crop up next.

Thanks

Kirsty.

A wide variety of problems can cause tongue problems and sorethroat. An evaluation by his HIV specialist and possibly a dentist or ENT doctor can better define the nature of the problem (? bacterial versus viral versus fungal infection or non-infectious causes of those symptoms) and result in more targeted treatment. KH

cd4 cell count is 29
where are these awful side-effects?